Monday, December 1, 2008

Two Sad Things, Completely Unrelated

Let's start with the first sad thing.
We didn't win the state championship game. It was an exciting match right up until the very end. We had a chance to score in the last 20 seconds of the game, but our pass was intercepted. Ouch.
The final score was 16 to 20. You know, there's a reason why I have a hard time watching things like the Little League World Series. It's heart-wrenching to watch 12 and 13 year old boys lose a big game. They are still little boys. And their tears, well, it's enough to break a mother's heart, even if they aren't my kids!
Now for the second sad thing. Saturday my dad had a "cardiac event," which landed him in the hospital. For those of you who know him, you'll remember that he had a heart attack 15 years ago. It appears that there is some damaged tissue from that previous attack that is not getting good circulation and is causing some trouble now. The treadmill test on Sunday went well, and he will be meeting with the cardiologist today and hopefully discharged as well. I'm sure he and my mom would appreciate your prayers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for them.

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. He will be in my prayers.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope your Dad is OK - sending prayers!