Thursday, December 18, 2008

Advent Ornaments: Day Eighteen

As we move into the final week before the big celebration, let's take a look at the old, familiar Christmas story. Today we focus on Mary.





Luke 1:26-38 tells the beautiful story of the angel Gabriel's visit to Mary to inform her she has been chosen by God to bear His Son, for, as Gabriel says, "Nothing will be impossible with God." (verse 37)


Mary responds with precious acceptance and obedience: "Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; be it done to me according to your word."



Today's passage was a bit long to type out, but it's not too long to read! Find your Bible and look it up, or go here to read for yourself.


The artwork inside the today's ornament comes from a Christmas card I received years ago from my dear friend Priscilla Burris. I love her work! I figured out how to stuff the image inside the glass ball by following these instructions.

No comments: