Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Crafty Meltdown

Yesterday I hit the wall. It wasn't pretty. It started when a certain 11-year-old woke up on the wrong side of the bed and fell apart because there were not going to be donuts for breakfast. Let the record show that there are rarely donuts for breakfast here. The day just kinda went down hill from there. The last minute errands were non-stop: Hallmark, Target, post office, thrift store, mall, Target again, Half Price Books, Borders, Walmart (twice), and KFC (where they wouldn't sell me gift cards because I wanted to pay with my debit card--guess they're not hurting for business). Let's not forget that I also had to haul someone's tushie to work as well! But the deal breaker was that I couldn't find the ornament that I intended to post for today's last advent ornament. Which meant that I needed to come up with a new one. And to be quite honest, I have reached the end of my crafty rope. I have zero ideas. And the thought of wandering the aisles at Michael's trying to come up with inspiration just put me over the edge.

Enter Amy. Now Amy is young. She's hip. She's crafty with a capital C and artistic to boot. And she is capable of working into the wee hours in a way that puts me to shame. Of course, she sleeps all day...but, that's another matter. She declared that no one should be unhappy on Christmas Adam (that would be the day before Christmas Eve) and proceeded to save my bacon. She took the ornament I was working on (I should say the ornament I was crying over and ready to smash on the tile floor) and reworked it into a presentable state. Oh Amy, how I love thee.

I wish I could show you the totally cool presents she is creating for the family. I have a feeling I'm getting one of these beauties too, although I haven't seen it yet. Let's just say it involves shirts, paint, cookie cutters, plastic report covers, and the most gigantic Christmas mess on my dining room table!


Here is a closeup of one of the projects that she is keeping for herself. This is Edie Sedgwick. I told you she is artistic!


Tune in tomorrow for the fashion show!

No comments: