Sunday, January 18, 2009

Buttons

I sent my button swap off today! I had way too much fun with all this button goodness.These are the covered buttons I made and then sewed onto the paint chips, just like a real card of buttons you buy in the store.

I also used a paint chip to make this sweet gift tag. I just punched a big hole in each square and glued a button in the middle. Easy and cute!

I had double sided cardstock left over from another project, so I decided to make some fun packaging. The matchbox holds the actual buttons for the swap, and the puffy box holds a cute little button ring. I found the templates for the matchbox and the puffy box here, along with templates for several other interesting boxes. And although my ironing board works admirably as a backdrop for my little projects, I'm really looking forward to building a do-it-yourself lightbox!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are just so clever! I sent this post to my young friend in Russia. She's always looking for crafting ideas:) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great craft idea!

Also, love the photos of your son getting ready for Washington! What a handsome young man! I hope he enjoys his time here in our Nation's Capital!