Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bread and Butter

I bought this pyrex bread pan at the consignment shop the other day. It looks very kawaii and etsy to me. See how I'm increasing my blogger vocabulary? (And you thought Kawaii was in Hawaii!) By the way, etsy is currently my most dangerous addiction.

I also bought this...
It's a big sister for greenie! Greenie has been in the family since I was a little girl. She's my absolutely all-time favorite bowl. I have many, many bowls but Greenie surpasses them all. I love her with all my heart. If she ever breaks...oh, I can't even go there. She's irreplaceable.

Here she is all snuggled up with her new buddy.
I've got my eye peeled for the little blue and red sisters that nest inside. I know I can go online and find them, but I'm looking for a very special set. I want to find them at a thrift store. For cheap. I want to find two little orphans, sitting on the shelf with all the junk, and give them a home. I know it's weird, but that's how I want it to happen. I'm patient. I can wait.

Meanwhile, my new kawaii pan came in handy today.
My potholder is not kawaii. At all. Maybe I should go on etsy and remedy that situation. Oh wait. How does that saying go? Something about a fool and his money?

Okay, focus. This post is about bread and butter.


Apple butter, to be precise.

I made it last week. It looks kind of gross in this picture, so you're just going to have to trust me on this one. It's amazing. I used this recipe and cooked it for pretty much all day. It smelled amazing. Oh wait. I already said that. But it was amazing. Truly. Amazing.

It wasn't smooth enough, so I whizzed it in the food processor and put it back in the little crockpot to cook down a little longer. Because yes, after reading this blog for awhile, I convinced myself I need a little crockpot to keep my big crockpot company. Does it help to know that my food processor is 20 years old? According to etsy, that makes it vintage!

Amazing.

No comments: